Secret Agent Society Social Skills Group
Secret Agent Society (SAS) helps kids 8-12 years of age crack the code of emotions and friendships. This is a program for families already engaged with Plumtree services.
It is a fun and intensive evidence-based group program suitable for children who go to a mainstream school and have social difficulties that may relate to one or more of the following:
- High functioning Autism or Asperger’s
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anger management difficulties
- Other general challenges with friendships, team work, conversations or staying calm.
At the end of the program children graduate as a Secret Agent, armed with the social and emotional tools they need to continue their work in the real world including:
- Recognising emotions in themselves and others
- Expressing their feelings in appropriate ways
- Coping with feelings of anger and anxiety
- Talking and playing with others
- Coping with change and mistakes (including losing!)
- Building and maintaining friendships, solving friendship problems
- Recognising and dealing with bullying and teasing.
To maximise the benefits for your child and family, SAS includes sessions with parents and carers to develop skills, confidence and knowledge plus a host of physical and online resources for ongoing learning.
The current cost for SAS is $2,719.00
In addition, families will be required to purchase a SAS Family Kit. The cost for this Kit is $193.70. The Kit includes everything needed for each child and parent to participate in the group program, including access to online games and resources for 12 months. The cost of the Kit is not eligible for any rebates (including the NDIS and Medicare).
The program includes:
- 1 x 2 hour parent orientation session (Parents will be required to attend this session). No child-minding available.
- 18 x 75 minute child sessions
- 18 x 30 minute parent sessions
- 2 follow up sessions (3 months and 6 months post program)
- An initial assessment
- Summary report at the end of the program
You can pay using your:
- NDIS individual funding package
- FaHCSIA (Better Start, Helping Children with Autism)
- Privately purchased
Get in touch with us if you’re unsure about which funding options are available to you.
Children’s sessions will run from 4:00-5:15pm, weekly
Parent and carer sessions will run from 4:45-5:15pm, weekly
To ensure every child stays focused and fully engaged, children’s sessions will run for 75 minutes.
If you would like to join the Secret Agent Society waitlist, get in touch
To ensure every child is focused and fully engaged, children’s sessions run for 75 minutes. In addition, Plumtree runs SAS with a high ratio of qualified staff to children. Each group has six children and two of our highly-skilled therapists – generally a Speech Pathologist and an Occupational Therapist.