Positive Behaviour Support
It is natural and normal for children to behave in ways that challenge us as they grow up, and all parents need to learn ways to guide children through these times. All our therapists and educators can talk with you about Positive Behaviour Support through our Plan and Do: Keyworker and Therapy program.
If you are concerned about some aspect of your child’s behaviour and you have already tried to change it without success, you can also work with Plumtree’s highly skilled Behaviour Analyst.
A program will be tailored for your child and can include:
- A comprehensive behaviour assessment
- An explanation of why the behaviour may be happening
- A plan to replace the behaviour with something more constructive
- Training for parents and carers
- Support to monitor the behaviour over time and make changes if needed
- Training for a therapy assistant to provide extra practice at a lower price
The cost depends on the program developed for your child and family and the funding options available.
You can pay using your:
- NDIS individual funding package
- FaHCSIA (Better Start, Helping Children with Autism
- Privately purchased
Get in touch with us if you’re unsure about which funding options are available to you.
As arranged by you and your Keyworker, Therapist, Educator or Behaviour Analyst
Positive Behaviour Support can take place at Plumtree, in your home, at your child’s childcare centre or school
A focus on behaviour may be especially important for you when there is a risk that your child could be hurt or that somebody else could be hurt, when the behaviour gets in the way of the child’s opportunities to learn, or the behaviour is interfering with the child’s relationships with others.