Plumtree’s Hanen® courses provide evidence-based intervention for children with communication needs by teaching parents how to make the most of everyday learning experiences. These are intensive educational programs for parents and carers which lad directly to positive outcomes for children.
There are three Hanen® Programs available at Plumtree.
It Takes Two to Talk
- For parents of children 5 and under who have a language delay
- Learn practical strategies to help your child learn language naturally in daily routines and play time
- Understand what motivates your child to communicate
- It Takes Two to Talk includes: 8 group sessions + 4 individual sessions
More Than Words
- For parents of children 5 and under on the autism spectrum or with similar difficulties
- Learn how to motivate your child to communicate and enjoy back-and-forth interactions
- Explore strategies for developing your child’s play and social skills
- More than Words includes: 8 group sessions + 4 individual sessions
- For parents of children aged 3-6 with high-functioning autism
- Learn how to use your child’s unique strengths and preferences to help them learn to understand other people’s perspectives and improve conversation skills
- TalkAbility includes: 8 group sessions + 5 individual sessions
You can pay using your:
- NDIS individual funding package
- Private health insurance
- FaHCSIA (Better Start, Helping Children with Autism)
- Medicare (Care Plan, Better Mental Health Plan)
Get in touch with us if you’re unsure about which funding options are available to you.