A nurturing and supportive start to your career
Are you a recent therapy graduate? We invite you to take the first step in your career at Plumtree Children’s Services. We are an established community-based organisation that’s been supporting and connecting families for over 30 years. Our caring and experienced team is here to nurture your professional skills for a rewarding career.
NDIS services are only a part of what we do, and you will have a richer induction experience beyond a typical clinic environment.
As well as attending joint visits with team members for practical experience, you will meet our trained parent peer workers and project leaders to explore how we support all families to flourish. You will learn about how we deliver family-centred service, the gold standard in early childhood intervention, and our IT systems.
Plumtree also runs an inclusive preschool and playgroups, which you will visit and have opportunities to facilitate.
100 hours of professional development in your first year
Self-paced training includes:
- Key worker training conducted by Noah’s Ark
- Positive Behaviour Support
- NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission Worker Orientation training
- Neuroaffirming social skills
- Trauma-informed practice
- Responsive teaching
- Developmental parenting
- Coach approach
- Access to previous Plumtree training
Supervision and other learning includes:
- Weekly clinical supervision with an experienced and supportive senior practitioner as you settle into your career
- Weekly staff meetings including hub meetings with members of your own discipline and transdisciplinary team meetings with colleagues from other disciplines
- Guest speakers at staff meetings
- Three days of in-house training per year
- An individual professional development training budget of up to $1,000
A supportive team
Our passionate, culturally diverse team works from the heart in a caring and respectful environment.
- Work alongside experienced speech pathologists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, specialist educators, parent peer workers and positive behaviour practitioners
- Our manager of family-centred practice is a highly experienced therapist with coach approach training who will guide you in your first year
- Our leadership team is approachable and here to help you
- Gradually build your caseload so you have time to be supported and settle into your role
- Our social committee plans events to bring the team together and have fun!
A new graduate initiative in collaboration with other not-for-profit community-based organisations is coming soon!
We look forward to welcoming you at Plumtree!
Trusted for over 30 years, we provide therapies and support for children aged birth to 8 years with a disability or developmental delay and their families.
Our free online and centre-based playgroups and parent educational programs support all families. At Plumtree Preschool, children of all abilities and cultural backgrounds learn together and begin to understand the value of inclusive communities.
Plumtree’s award-winning, evidence-based programs and resources help families take control of their own learning and achieve positive outcomes.
Families are at the centre of our work
Family-centred practice is the gold standard in early childhood intervention services. We understand that each family is unique, and parents know their child’s needs and abilities best.
Families spend the most amount of time with their child and are already making a big difference during everyday activities and routines. Children thrive in natural learning environments, such as the home and childcare, where they are part of the community. We work in partnership with families to provide the right support and positive outcomes.