Learn how to set goals and reach them through this innovative program delivered by parents for parents
Now & Next™ is an innovative, award-winning online program for all parents, carers and grandparents of children who have a delay in their development or have a disability. As parents or carers, you will make the biggest difference in your child’s life.
Now & Next™ gives you the practical skills to do this.
This 8-week evidence-based program delivered via video conference will provide you with the tools to achieve positive outcomes for your child and your whole family.
Facilitated by Parents Like You
Now & Next™ is facilitated by trained and knowledgeable parents who are Peer Workers. Like you, peer workers all have children with a disability or developmental delay – a lived personal experience – and are employed to support parents and families who face similar situations.
Every peer worker has graduated from the Now & Next™ Facilitator Training program. It is the first ‘by families, for families’ program of its kind – with close to 500 alumni in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Finland.
This unique program is internationally recognised as groundbreaking. Based on principles of adult learning, it was developed using the evidence on positive psychology, family leadership, gamification and family-centred practice.
Using tools specifically designed for the program, participants choose outcomes and work towards them with new clarity and purpose.
The program is delivered in eight sessions of 2 hours each, held over 8 weeks. Through interactive and engaging activities, you will:
- Week 1: Create a long term vision and set goals and prioritise goals for your child, family and self-using our unique Pictability™ tool which will lay down the foundations for a positive future for your child
- Weeks 2 and 3: Use our Goal to Action™ coaching tool to set three goals for you and your child (and reach them!)
- Week 4: Identify your signature strengths and learn how to use them to achieve your goals
- Week 5: Focus on the areas where you can make the biggest difference to your child and family’s life using the Now and Next™ Mindfulness colouring-in book
- Week 6: Understand ‘flourishing’ and which practices can enhance well being for different people, then learn how to increase the well-being and resilience of yourself, your child and your family
- Week 7: Learn how to partner and create positive relationships with professionals, thereby increasing your personal agency, well-being and family resilience
- Week 8: Review your toolkit and practice situations in which tools can be most effective
Now & Next™ (ILC) is delivered via Zoom video conference as 2 hour weekly sessions over an eight-week period.
Two Now & Next™ (ILC) will run in Term 1:
- Starting on Wednesday 10 February to Wednesday 31 March; 8pm – 10pm AEDT ~ Sydney time (this registration)
- Starting on Friday 12 February to Friday 2 April; 10.30am – 12.30pm AEDT ~ Sydney time (register here instead)
All material necessary to participate in this program will be mailed to you once your registration has been confirmed and finalised with a Now & Next™ team member
To get the best learning experience from Now & Next™, we encourage your involvement and interaction during each session. For families who need a certificate of attendance, we require the camera to be on so that we can confirm your attendance in the session.
You will need a good internet connection to attend.
We want all families to engage fully in our Now & Next™ program. Everyone is welcome! This includes parents or carers who have a disability or neurodiversity, have a medical condition or where English is a second language. If there anything we can to do to make your participation more successful please let us know.
For parents, family members and primary carers of children with disability, developmental delay, neurodivergence or concerns about their child development; aged 0-14 years old
The program is provided free of charge through the generous support of the Australian Government as a part of the Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) program.
The Free program is exclusively for those families who are Australian residents without an NDIS individual funding package. If you have NDIS support, please register here instead. There you will find advice on how your funding can be used to pay for the program.
Registration for term 2 will be opening on Tuesday 9th Feb.
For more information on the dates and details of our next course, please contact the Now & Next™ team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (02) 9572 8840 or visit our website.
If you are an organisation and want to host Now & Next™ or enquire about group bookings please contact email@example.com