Music Together • Online
Music Together aims is to provide musical fun in a relaxed setting, while also supporting children’s development.
- Musical play gives children chances to communicate verbally and non-verbally and explore and be creative through playing instruments, dancing and singing.
- The children can experience following simple instructions in a fairly informal, play-based session.
- Follow a set routine each week so children can become familiar and confident with what to expect.
The group is run by Dr Amanda Niland, (Early Childhood Music Specialist). Amanda is happy to chat about your child’s interests and needs, to adjust as necessary so that Music Together is accessible, fun and worthwhile for everyone.
Parents, Grandparents, carers and siblings are all welcome.
For children with disability, developmental delay or neurogivergence aged 3-5 years old
Join us online
Every Wednesdays through Term 2 2021 (Wednesday 21 April to Wednesday 23 June – 10 sessions in total); 10.30am to 11.10am AEST (Sydney Time) via Zoom
We hope families can commit to all 10 sessions however, if not possible, you are welcome to join any session you can attend.
Further details on how to join the sessions will be provided closer to the date. You will need a good internet connection to attend.
What to bring to the online session
- A drum (could be a bucket or unbreakable bowl or saucepan, with a wooden spoon)
- A shaker (could be homemade from a filled and sealed plastic container),
- A teddy or any other soft toy,
- A ribbon, a streamer, a scarf or piece of fabric for dancing,
- A toy train or bus,
- A paper or plastic plate to be used as a steering wheel
Music Together is for children with disability, developmental delays or neurodivergence and their siblings only.
To get the best learning experience from this program, we encourage your involvement and interaction during each session.
Amanda is happy to chat about your child’s interests and needs, to adjust as necessary so that Music Together is accessible, fun and worthwhile for everyone.
If you would like to discuss this program further, please feel free to contact Mana on firstname.lastname@example.org