Wednesday 27 July @ 10:00 am – Wednesday 14 September @ 10:45 am AEST
RSVP – 1 ticket per family
No identifiable information you provide in this registration will be shared outside of the organisation
Create opportunities for communication and interaction through musical fun
Music Together offers opportunities for communication and interaction. Children learn social play skills such as turn-taking and sharing while being part of a group and following an enjoyable routine.
This playgroup provides musical fun in a relaxed setting, while also supporting children’s development.
The sessions include singing, playing percussion instruments, dancing and stories with a focus on interaction and communication.
Benefits of Music Together:
- Musical play gives children chances to communicate verbally and non-verbally and explore and be creative through playing instruments, dancing and singing
- The children can experience following simple instructions in a fairly informal, play-based session
- Follow a set routine each week so children can become familiar and confident with what to expect.
Benefits of playgroups for children
- A great way for your child to socialise with other children
- Provide an early childhood environment so that they can learn through play
- Provide opportunities for your child to develop their communication skills
Benefits of playgroups for families
- Meet with our highly skilled team to talk about your child’s development
- Learn more about other programs offered at Plumtree
- Connect with other families to share information and experiences
- Provide a safe place for children to play
Who is this playgroup for
Parents, family members, and primary carers of children with disability, developmental delay, neurodivergence or concerns about their child’s development; aged 3-5 years old.
Parents, Grandparents and siblings are all welcome.
We value diversity and welcome all families.
Wednesdays through Term 3 2022
From Wednesday 27 July to Wednesday 14 September (8 sessions)
All sessions 10am to 10.45am
We hope families can commit to all 8 sessions however, if not possible, you are welcome to join any session you can attend.
The program will be conducted face-to-face at our Marrickville centre.
Plumtree Children’s Services
Yabsley Avenue, Jarvie Park Marrickville, NSW, 2204
How to find us
Amanda and Daniel are happy to chat about your child’s interests and needs, to adjust as necessary so that Music Together is accessible, fun and worthwhile for everyone.
Plumtree is a not-for-profit, community-based organisation that helps families thrive.
Trusted for over 30 years, we provide therapies and support for children aged birth to 8 years with a disability or developmental delay and their families. Our free online and centre-based playgroups and parent educational programs support all families. At Plumtree Preschool, children of all abilities and cultural backgrounds learn together and begin to understand the value of inclusive communities.
Plumtree’s passionate, culturally diverse team of specialists work from the heart in a caring environment where families feel respected and informed.