- This event has passed.
About Play Series
Explore how play is the foundation for a child’s lifelong love of learning
During this series, our panel of educators will discuss and explore the benefits of play in children’s development, the possibilities it offers and the importance of engaging. Each episode in the series focuses on a developmental area of play that children commonly engage in at home and in early childhood education settings:
- Drawing – Mark Making
- Outside Play
Each episode is matched with a video developed by Plumtree’s early childhood teachers and funded by the NSW Department of Education. During the live interactive sessions, our panel of experts will explore which learning is occurring in these play experiences; how parents can provide similar learning at home and discuss further children’s developmental stages. Parents will have opportunities to ask questions and share their play experiences and ideas.
What we will explore:
- How parents can engage in and enjoy the play experience with their child
- How the development area of play stated above offer multiple learning opportunities
- How play experiences interconnect to help children make sense of the world around them
- How to play is linked to Key Learnings Areas such as maths, literacy, science, physical development, fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, imaginative play.
- How play can help strengthen the parent-child relationships and creates opportunities for meaningful community engagement
For all parents, family members and carers of children aged 2–6 years old.
Early childhood professionals are also welcome to attend. However, please note that this series is primarily targeted at parents and primary carers.
Join us online
We hope families can commit to all six play learning topics of this series however, you are welcome to join any session – Please select which session you are interested in during the registration process.
- About Play: Blocks – Wednesday 6 October 2021; 7.30pm to 8.15pm AEDT
- About Play: Puzzles – Wednesday 13 October 2021; 7.30pm to 8.15pm AEDT
- About Play: Playdough – Wednesday 20 October 2021; 7.30pm to 8.15pm AEDT
- About Play: Drawing/Mark Making – Wednesday 27 October 2021; 7.30pm to 8.15pm AEDT
- About Play: Outside Play – Wednesday 3 November 2021; 7.30pm to 8.15pm AEDT
- About Play: Books– Wednesday 10 November 2021; 7.30pm to 8.15pm AEDT
If you’re not in the AEDT (Sydney) Time Zone, see time conversion by adding your Time Zome, City or Town.
Further details will be provided closer to the date to all applicants. You will need a good internet connection to attend.
Sessions are subject to cancellation due to low RSVP – If you would like to register after the RSVP is closed, please email Mana firstname.lastname@example.org
To get the best learning experience from this session, we encourage your involvement and interaction.
Before attending each session, participants are encouraged to watch the related videos – these will be emailed out to you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mana at email@example.com
Download the About Play series Flyer
Parents and Carers Registration
1 Ticket per family/device